Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Happy wednesday

Well hi again everyone, I just haven't had time to check in lately...sorry for that. It has been a very busy time in my life.

Job number one has been less rehab and more asylum as of late, and the weekends when I work are completely filled. The kiddies have really kept me running with their drama. It is nonstop from the moment I walk in the door for twelve hours until I leave. You would think that because I work overnights it might be better because they sleep......but they don't sleep.

Then we have job number two, which is really close to taking off in the direction I was hoping it would go. We are almost full and the bilk of the people we have are really taking their lives in a great direction.

Last night was the poker tournament at the parental units club and what a fun night out. It didn't hurt that I played well against a bunch of people who have more money than brains, literally. Some of the worst poker players I have ever seen in my life. I came in fifth place in the tournament and the motherly parental unit came in the top two and they split the winnings. A great time was had by all and I left up about a hundred and ninety bucks!

Today's adventure is something special to me. For those who don't know half of my twenties were spent traveling around the country following the Grateful Dead, well tonight the band Furthur (spelled correctly) is playing at the Mizner Amphitheater in Boca Raton, a twenty minute ride from home. Furthur is a band that has most of the members of the Grateful Dead that are still alive and kicking. I am definitely taking the camera and will be posting pictures here tomorrow. To say the least I am completely psyched!

Well that's about it for now, here's hoping all your faces have smiles.........today mine absolutely will!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. ooh, have fun at the concert... And congrats on the winnings!

    So glad to hear that Job#2 is heading in a good direction. Makes going to work much easier.

    ReplyDelete