Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another Tuesday in paradise

Well paradise if you love overcast skies, wind, and rain but I don't mind those, it's not like I'm the type to go lay on the beach anyway.

Well I got the estimates on the damage to my car, the hood is gonna be three hundred plus tax and the windshield will be two fifty plus tax and my crappy insurance company will not cover any of it. According to the guy at the glass company it is only scratched not cracked so insurance will not cover it. I gotta say I find this whole thing just crap-tastic. The worst part is I will not have a car for a couple days. Now I know what your thinking, I went the first eighteen months that I was clean without a car and managed to get everywhere I needed to go. I am really trying to remind myself of this same fact but it's a hard pill to swallow.

Here is my biggest problem with the whole thing, the sheriffs department found the guys who did it at their mothers house......and didn't arrest them. I asked the officer why and his response was he needs a warrant from the states attorneys office first. Now I still remember my days of living on the wrong side of the law, and I always got to taste the dust on the hood of their car as well as enjoy the feeling of the handcuffs two clicks to tight for my wrists. Is this whole we can't arrest the criminal new? I guess it's their way of avoiding overcrowding in the jail....oh wait no they used to make me sleep on the floor. I don't get it but I guess I'm not supposed to right now. Oh well.

Enough about that! I did get to spend some time with the pops today. He needed a ride to the doctor so I went to help him. Now I'm off to a meeting to try finding my serenity, have a great day yall!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Hugs... Hope you find the serenity. That whole car thing sucks. Just plain sucks... Pox on those perps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serenity is a good thing for you right now. I'm sure you'll find it too. Don't let these little bumps in the road deter you. I'm sure they won't.

    It's great that you are helping your mom and dad out. They really need it right now.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ask for a loner car and don't fix the windshield if it is only a scratch and not a crack.

    just my 2 cents...

    smiles, bee
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete