Thursday, January 20, 2011

Invictus


Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul
In the fell clutch of circumstances
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of change
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the year
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Very powerful Chuck. Is there some powerful meaning in these words by William Ernest Henley pertaining what your big announcement is? I'll have to wait to find out what that big announcement is until I return from my 8 day cruise. Now you really have wondering. See when I return.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete