Thursday, January 13, 2011

Cozumel part two

Well this was our second stop in Cozumel. For those who missed the last two posts here, we have had high winds not to mention pretty high seas. These two factors have cause our captain to skip Roatan, Honduras and Costa Maya, Mexico. Instead of Costa Maya today we went back to Cozumel. I don't know how Mexican phones work or if they use smoke signals, because most of the shops in the port didn't open until noon and we made port at nine o'clock. It was very windy, overcast and in the sixties. Now that might have bothered me except if I was at home it would have been fourth degrees, windy and me working.... I'll take this, but thanks for offering!
Now tonight was a completely different story as our entire group of fourteen skipped the dinning room and went to the steak house upstairs! Dinner included a New England crab cake which was awesome, the best lobster bisque I have ever in my life eaten, and you guessed it surf and turf. I normally do not like filet minion because it does not usually have much flavor, but this just melted in my mouth and the lobster was great as well.
One more day left at sea, we have a 36 hour steam back to Cape Canaveral and then Saturday morning back home. Well it's only 11 oclock, much to early to be in the room, I am gonna put on a jacket and head up on deck. Have a great day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. oooh, that dinner sounds wonderful. If I went on a cruise again and could afford it, I'd eat at the fancy joint every night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to you understand the realities of being at home working or being on a cruise ship on the high seas and also eating great food,( Surf & turf ). Have a good last day Chuck. We have one week to go on our cruise. See you.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, make the best out of cruising and not working. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!

    My favorite steak is a NY strip, but my Dad grills the best beef tenderloin evah!

    Now I'm hungry! Rats!

    ReplyDelete