Saturday, January 29, 2011

A big surprise

Ok, well im sorry I missed a day yesterday, I was very busy sleeping all day preparing myself for the start of another weekend marathon with the kiddies.

I feel as though I would be remiss if i didnt share a few updates on past days topics. First about my friend, I am now quite sure that her special someone is not married and it seems like maybe he read my blog about him and it motivated him to get off his butt and do something. She is just as happy as a person should be and I have decided that makes me happy. Second, as you know I spoke at a meeting Thursday night and it was awesome. I do love when i get an opertunity to speak, it kinda gets my blood flowing.

Now about todays subject..... I have decided not to talk about my work life here because the type of work I do. The field I work in is bound by many laws that prevent me from sharing details, but I can talk about this. I have loved my immediate supervisors since day one with this company, but the higher ups on the other hand I have not really had an oppertunity to interact with because they are sleeping while I'm working and vice versa. Some of my co-workers have told me that they heard my name come out of the owners mouth followed by nice words, but i don't usally take that serious. My only concern about nice things from the higher ups has been when I go to the bank the check clears. I have worked for some companies that was a real concern at, but I am always confident I wont have that problem here. Well now we come to today; you all know that I was on vacation two weeks ago and I was told when I planned my vacation that I should not expect to recieve my PTO hours in January because they expire on December 31. I was resigned to the fact that I would have a very tight couple weeks and was ok with that because the vacation was worth it. Well two weeks ago I got my check and had missed one day from that pay period and they paid me. I was very pleased and the report on my check still showed 22 hours of PTO. I started to hope that I might get that 22 hours on todays check, but prepared myself to not recieve it just in case. WELL.... I came into work last night and my check was in my box awaiting me. I slowly opened and to my absolute amazement..... they paid me for a full week. I was completely floored.

I have never worked for a company that looked after thier people like this place looks after me. I dont have the hardest job in the world, but it is by no means easy.  Let me tell you I have had a passion for my job since I started, BUT now... wow I have a passion for the people I work for. As I move forward in this journey and get licensed by the state to work as a counselor, I truely hope that I can move up with these people.

Well thats enough for now, have a great Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. Buying into the workplace's mission and having employers who care makes a great difference in one's professional life. I speak from experience in that.

    I'm so glad about your excitement about this latest chapter. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, they stepped up to the plate and did the right thing! how wonderful!

    ly, mom
    xooxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful Chuck, what a blessing!

    Smiles,

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuck, I need your email. I have something you can share with the group about the END of addiction (not the good end)

    ReplyDelete